This page contains three sections:
- Your Haplogroup Info – This section displays your “confirmed” or “predicted” haplogroup along with a brief description of your haplogroup.
- Your Haplotree – Your haplotree shows your placement on the current Y-chromosome phylogenetic tree.
- Tests Taken* – This section displays the SNPs for which you have been tested and whether you tested positive or negative for those particular SNPs.
*You will only see this section if you have taken individual SNP tests, a SNP Pack test, or the Big Y-500 test. Additionally, users who have transferred their National Geographic Geno 2.0 or 2.0 Next Generation (a.k.a. 2+) results will see this section.
Frequently Asked Questions
To navigate to your Y-DNA – Haplotree page:
- Sign in to your myFTDNA account.
- On the navigation bar at the top of the page, hover your cursor over myDNA, then Y-DNA, and then click Haplotree & SNPs from the drop-down menu.
On your dashboard, in the Y-DNA section, click Haplotree & SNPs.
You are directed to the Y-DNA – Haplotree page.
Once you have results from your Y-DNA testing, your confirmed or predicted haplogroup is displayed at the top of the Y-DNA – Haplotree page.
Additionally, you will have a Y-DNA Haplogroup badge displayed in the upper-right corner of your dashboard. This badge also displays your haplogroup.
To determine if your Y-DNA haplogroup is confirmed or predicted, look at the top of your Y-DNA – Haplotree page (where your haplogroup is listed). You will see one of the following:
Your Confirmed Haplogroup is “haplogroup” OR Your Predicted Haplogroup is “haplogroup”
Note: If we are processing a SNP test, you may see either a notation of “Testing in Progress” or an orange bar titled “Haplogroup.”
If you have not taken any Y-DNA SNP tests or the Big Y-500 test, your Y-DNA haplogroup is predicted.
A predicted haplogroup is the haplogroup which most closely resembles your haplotype (comprised of the first 12 STRs tested).
A confirmed haplogroup means that your Y-DNA haplogroup has been confirmed through SNP or Big Y-500 testing.
Your Y-DNA SNP results are listed at the bottom of the Y-DNA – Haplotree page in the Tests Taken section.
You will have SNP results if you have taken individual SNP tests, SNP Pack tests, or the Big Y-500 test. Additionally, users who have transferred their National Geographic Geno 2.0 or 2.0 Next Generation (a.k.a. 2+) results will see their SNP results.
In the Tests Taken section, a plus (+) sign indicates that you tested positive for the SNP, and a minus (-) sign indicates that you tested negative for the SNP.