There are several possibilities for why you may not receive a notification email:
- Family Tree DNA sent the email, but a spam filter or firewall intercepted or deleted it.
- Your contact information has the wrong email address. You may check this in your myFTDNA account on the Contact Information page.
- The person you match originally selected settings to look only for matches within a different project. As a result, we only sent those people they matched within that project a notification email. The new match then joined the project you are in or changed their match settings.
- You selected match settings not to look for that type of match or to look only within a project of which the person you match was not a member.
- You and the new match were enrolled in the same project, but were focusing your search for matches on different projects at the time the match was added to our database.
- The person you match did not originally sign the release form. Once they signed the form, the matches appeared, but we do not send notifications for matches that are already in the database.
- You did not originally sign the release form. Once you signed the release form, your matches are displayed, but we do not send notifications for matches that are already in the database.