The Project Profile allows you to edit the information that is presented to potential members on the Project Join page.
- Project Name: This is the name of the project as it will be displayed. The name you chose here determines how your project is alphabetized in the project indexes such as http://www.familytreedna.com/projects.aspx.
- Description: This should be a brief summary of your project’s mission and goals.
- Website: This is your project’s Public Project Website or another website that you have created for your project.
- Join Code: The join code allows someone to bypass the Join Request form when joining your project.
- Join Link: This allows someone to join your project by ordering a new kit.
- Returning Join Link: This allows a current Family Tree DNA customer to join a project. They must be logged into their myFTDNA account before they use the link.
- Allow Order without Join Request: Checking this box will allow potential members to join your project without filling out a Join Request form.
- Show project in Surname Project list: Checking this box will include your project in the project indexes such as http://www.familytreedna.com/projects.aspx.
- Surnames: This is a list of surnames that are included in the scope of your project.