Welcome to our myGroups Beta! myGroups is an exciting new feature that allows our group members an interactive way to communicate with and learn from one another. As always, you can get to your group project page by logging into your myFTDNA dashboard and clicking on the orange project name on the menu to the left. You can get back to your myFTDNA dashboard at anytime just by clicking the myFTDNA link in the upper right corner.
The main group project dashboard lets you navigate to all of the exciting features. The menu on your left has multiple places to navigate you to information about the group project. The top of the Activity Feed has several options to allow you to communicate with other group members and your group administrator.
The menu on the left is straight forward for ease of navigation to the features and sections in myGroups.
Posts from the Activity Feed will have individual icons to help you quickly know what the post is about.
- The black and white icon with the group of people indicates a new project member has joined. Be sure to welcome them to the group and learn more about their genealogy.
- The green and white speech bubble icon is a Post to Group function and is the basic post type.
- The grey and white question mark indicates a group member posted from the Question feature. You will also see quotation marks around their question to make it stand out in the feed.
- The orange and white camera icon indicates a picture has been posted. You may see a collection of all posted photos under the Photos heading on the left menu as well.
You will also see announcements from your group administrator with a yellow and white triangle icon:
You can “Like” a post or comment and edit any posts or comments that you have made in the myGroups activity feed.
You may also Edit or Delete your own posts, or Hide, Report, or Delete posts made by others, just click on the downward arrow in the upper right corner of the post in question.
When you Report a post, you will get a pop-up box asking you why you are reporting the post. This information is emailed sent to your project administrator.
The other menu options provide useful resources regarding your group project and other group members:
- Depending on your group, you will find a variety of comparison tools under DNA Results, such as the Classic Chart, Colorized Chart, and other features.
- Photos posted will appear in the main Activity Feed, but will also be gathered under the Photos link from the main menu.
- All surnames and their alternative spellings listed by a group project administrator are listed under Surnames.
- Under Links, your administrator has the opportunity to provide links to useful resources and outside pages. If you have a link you would like included, please email your administrator.
- The About Us section includes several sections with information about the group project that the group project administrator is able to update to keep members informed, as well as attract new members to the project.
Contacting your group project administrators is easier with the new menu, too. If you have your email client set up, you can simply click on the envelope icon. Alternatively, if you click the clipboard icon, you will be able to quickly copy and then paste the email address into your email client of choice.